At SoulCraft, parenting coaching is focused on helping parents raise healthy, happy children.
Being a parent is the most important job you will ever do; however, most parents muddle through, too busy to stop and take the time to think about the ramafications of how they parent on the day-to-day. Having a vision of what the family is about--its values for the home environment and the manner in which relations and communication are carried out--is really important. Parents must have solid skills in communication, building relationships, setting healthy boundaries that serve themselves and their children, and more because parenting without vision and sufficient skills will have disastrous effects down the road.
Children and teenagers have to cope with learning how to navigate diverse relationships in an ever-changing social landscape that grows more complex and stressful with each generation while dealing with the demands of school, the allure of drugs and sex, and the distractions of sophisticated communication and entertainment technologies. Parents have to be informed about how to guide their children in this world of mobile phones and smartphones, texting and sexting, instant messaging and chat rooms, social networks (such as Myspace and Facebook), game platforms (such as X-Box and Play Station), computer-based online games (such as Grand Theft Auto, World of Warcraft, Streetfighter, Call of Duty and many more), readily accessible internet pornography, and, of course, the huge problem of drugs. Is it any wonder that parents often find it immensely challenging to raise thier teenage children when there is so much exposure to corrupting influences?
The kids need guidance, and the parents need skills. Parenting classes and coaching will help you to ...
- get on better with your child
- start communicating and stop shouting
- find solutions that keep everyone happy
- build a good relationship with your teenager
- encourage co-operation in your family
- listen to your children and help them to listen to you
- set and keep boundaries (and know when to revise them)
- encourage independence in your children
- understand your child’s behaviour
- build your child’s confidence
- help your children learn
- take care of your own needs without feeling guilty
- support your children though divorce and family changes
- get along with grown up children living at home
- luxuriate in your empty nest
Can you imagine your family as a safe haven, centered on love, mutual respect and supportive communication? Parenting coaching can help you and your family move to a higher level of functioning.